Solutions

Case Studies

"Case Studies" > Personal Injury > Alleged Personal Injury Due to Carbon Monoxide Exposure Disproved

Alleged Personal Injury Due to Carbon Monoxide Exposure Disproved

Summary:


At issue was alleged carbon monoxide exposure in the home due to a faulty
furnace. The jury was taught that CO exposure may be from many ordinary
environmental sources, that the level of exposure in the home (per plaintiff’s
own expert) was below government approved acceptable levels, and that
had plaintiffs been exposed to dangerous levels of CO, their symptoms would
be much different and much worse.

After living seven years in their home, plaintiffs discovered high levels of carbon monoxide (CO), most likely due to a faulty furnace, which was promptly replaced. Subsequently, plaintiffs sued the builder for carbon monoxide poisoning that allegedly contributed to allergy symptoms in the mother and poor scholastic achievement in her 7-year old son.


Sign Up Now: